Wednesday 14 March 2012

Grants Family Reserve Blended Scotch Whisky



 




From Grants website:

Pour a measure of Grant’s Family Reserve into a glass. To release more flavour, add an equal amount of water. Swirl the liquid around then draw in the aroma through your nose. This is ‘nosing’.
When you sip, there is an unmistakable Speyside style of fluting, malty notes. You may find that hints of banana and vanilla sweetness finely balance sharper malty tones. It is the purest expression of Grant’s perfectly balanced house style.


I followed these instructions and I couldn't find any banana or vanilla tones. All I found was a smooth well blended whisky that was really easy to sip. I loved every glass so much that I wouldn't even contemplate mixing with anything else.


Rating: ***  out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment